[patch] should crunchgen use basename(3) instead of homebrew code?

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Mon Jan 3 05:24:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh at turbofuzz.com> wrote:
> Wow.  A couple of questions.

There was a reason my subject line was in the form of a question. When
poking around various parts of the "crypt" I noticed that the code
does something seemingly covered by an existing function so I decided
to poke the relevant people about it.  More generally - I don't like
seeing old code do something on its own that we have an existing
function for.  However your post convinced me that gain of consistency
is not worth the headaches it may cause.

--
Eitan Adler