CFR: FEATURE macros for AUDIT/CAM/IPC/KTR/MAC/NFS/NTP/PMC/SYSV/...

Fri Feb 25 10:17:32 UTC 2011

Quoting Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> (from Sat, 12 Feb 2011
19:08:59 +0000 (GMT)):

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 00:52:48 +0000 (GMT) Robert Watson
>> <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The one comment I'd make is that the MAC case should indicate that
>>> "The MAC Framework" is supported, rather than mandatory access
>>> controls being present -- the presence of the framework doesn't
>>> imply the presence of mandatory access control policies.
>>
>> Does
>> FEATURE(mac, "Mandatory Access Control Framework support");
>> look better?
>>
>> Alternatively/additionally we could use mac_framework as the name
>> of the feature.
>
> The above seems fine -- while I've been moving to names like
> mac_framework.h, it's still "options MAC" and "security/mac", etc,
> and think that "mac" is the most consistent options.

Committed.

If you want you can modify some userland applications to check for it
now with feature_present(3). When every feature macro of the GSoC
project is committed, I will commit a change to this function (being
able to administratively tell a feature is not there when it is
there), and a corresponding userland app to be able to use it in
scripts.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
One place where you're sure to find the perfect
driver is in the back seat.