Fwd: linking part of openssl into a kernel ?

Putrycy putrycydestengier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:52:55 UTC 2011

Hi! I am working on a piece of kernel software, that needs to use
publc key cryptography, especially RSA. As far as i know, no RSA
related in-kernel functionality is currently implemented. Writing a
new implementation of key management, and the algorithm itself, and
making it stable and efficent is rather long and slippery road, so i
started to look shy on openssl. Porting just RSA and key-related stuff
is again, a tiresome work. I am rather lazy, and i thought, that maybe
I could force linker to to the job for me, i.e. link kernel against
openssl library to get just some function that i am interested in. My
question is: how to achieve this ? Second: Any better idea ? Is it
totally stupid idea ?

regards,