buildkernel error

mmatsuda at cybernet.co.jp mmatsuda at cybernet.co.jp
Wed Feb 23 04:30:05 UTC 2011

From: Dimitry Andric <dim at FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:39:31 +0100
::On 2011-02-22 08:30, gnehzuil wrote:
::> I updated my kernel source code and try to make a new kernel using make
::> buildkernel command. But I got an error as follow:
::...
::> ld:/usr/src/sys/conf/ldscript.i386:66: syntax error
::
::Your /usr/bin/ld is still at version 2.15, which is too old to parse the
::kernel linker script.  In this case, first run "make buildworld", or at
::least "make kernel-toolchain" before you attempt to build any kernels.

Hello,

Does it mean we have no-way of source upgrading from 8.X?
We need newest world to build 9.x kernel, and need 9.x kernel to run
newest world, and...

Thanks,
 Haro