man 3 getopt char * const argv[] - is const wrong ?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Feb 16 18:31:24 UTC 2011

Bruce Cran wrote:
> It seems registration is required for the SUS, but you can get
> POSIX.1-2008 free at http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/ .

Thanks Bruce.
I browsed it but couldn't find a C spec.
Opengroup.org server restricted the URL to a constant:
	http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/nframe.html

Hoping for full URLs (or more) I tried:
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?reload=true&punumber=4694974
It needed a login.  I created one. IEEE harvested my address then responded:
  "Full text access is unavailable with your individual subscription...."

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, Not HTML, Not base 64.