Scheduler question

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 7 13:07:03 UTC 2011

On 7 February 2011 13:38, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:

>>> I am writing directly to /dev/ad10 but stressing /dev/ad14 (sudo tar -cf /dev/null /local0)
>>
>> Can you do only one of those things? I.e. leave all the file systems
>> alone and just do something like 'diskinfo -vt /dev/ad14'?
>
> OK, I wrote the data to /dev/null from USB and ran diskutil in a loop and it doesn't drop out.

Maybe I misunderstood you and it's a different problem than what I was
experiencing; is this a better description of your problem:

1) you have a program communicating with a USB device
2) it reads from the device and writes to a file
3) you experience stalls when you write the data recived from the USB
device to the file but only if the file system you're writing on is
also loaded by something else - heavy reads?

?