Tracking down a problem with php on FreeBSD

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Sat Feb 5 22:12:41 UTC 2011

06.02.2011 00:39, Ivan Voras пишет:
> On 5 February 2011 21:22, Ivan Voras<ivoras at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>> On 5 February 2011 21:03, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov<cvs-src at yandex.ru>  wrote:
>>

>>> Can you please tell me more what you mean by ""robust" pthreads mutexes" and
>>
>> It's just a name for properties of a mutex; actually this is
>> imprecise, what's needed here is process-shared&  robust
>> (fpm_shm_slots.c: FPM uses shared memory).
>
> Actually I think "robustness" is the key here (in this context it
> means that the locks of a thread / processes are released if a thread
> / process dies unexpectedly (crashes)); It is very likely that in your
> case the PHP process with FPM SAPI module dies while holding a lock
> shared between processes and the other processes get stuck waiting for
> this lock to unlock.

Yes, it seems so. But all of this locking/threading is a black magick
for me right now, and i don't feel to be able to study out with this fpm
issue by myself. So i just sent this last obtained info to php-fpm
mailing list. And thank you again, Ivan, for your analysis and
explanations.

--
Regards,
Ruslan