Building ports with gcc46

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Wed Dec 14 19:38:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Ali Mashtizadeh <mashtizadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to build devel/protobuf with gcc46? Unfortunately I see
> a compatibility issue where the software I'm linking against it
> crashes because of the conflicting stdc++ librray versions. I've tried
> setting CC, CXX, LDFLAGS but I seem to be missing something else?

There is a lot of ongoing work by various people to work
multi-toolchain support in ports. At this time it is not officially
supported. If you do manage to get it working, patches would certainly
be appreciated.
Additionally you may want to take a look at this (outdated) article:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/custom-gcc/article.html

This post should have been on ports@ not hackers at .

--
Eitan Adler