USB Texas Instruments CDCE modem not recognized by cdce

Lorenzo Cogotti miciamail at hotmail.it
Thu Dec 8 15:55:47 UTC 2011

Il giorno gio, 08/12/2011 alle 16.35 +0100, Lorenzo Cogotti ha scritto:
> I tried editing if_cdce.c adding to the static array mentioned in my
> first mail:
>
> {USB_VPI(USB_VENDOR_TI, 0x6060, 0)},

I tried  to remove this edit and recompile the kernel module, the scary
messages faded away, leaving a nice and happy:

cdce0 <CDC Ethernet/RNDIS Communication Interface> on usbus0
ue0: <USB Ethernet> on cdce0
ue0: Ethernet address: ...

This is just perfect.
So it appears that the edit is absolutely not necessary.
The only thing that seems to be necessary is setting the configuration
to 1 as a quirk.
Where should I look to do that?
Eventually, should I send a patch to someone so that I am not the only
one to benefit from your help?

--
Lorenzo Cogotti