"ps -e" without procfs(5)

Jilles Tjoelker jilles at stack.nl
Sun Dec 4 14:31:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 01:32:39PM +0300, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> [KERN_PROC_AUXV requires just p_cansee()]

If we are ever going to do ASLR, the AUXV information tells an attacker
where the stack, executable and RTLD are located, which defeats much of
the point of randomizing the addresses in the first place.

Given that the AUXV information seems to be used by debuggers only
anyway, I think it would be good to move it to p_candebug() now.

The full virtual memory maps (KERN_PROC_VMMAP, procstat -v) are already
under p_candebug().

--
Jilles Tjoelker