To implement RFC 5848 (Signed Syslog Messages)?

Martin Schütte lists at mschuette.name
Fri Dec 2 22:26:19 UTC 2011

On 12/01/11 10:01, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
> trivial. How about to implement RFC 5848 in our syslogd?

In 2008 I implemented the syslog RFCs for NetBSD's syslogd, so if you
are interested please take a look at the syslog code in NetBSD-current
and at my report, linked under http://mschuette.name/wp/gsoc-syslogd/

I've always wanted to create a FreeBSD port for it, but never found
enough time to continue the development  :(

> Albert Mietus made a nice presentation in 2002
> http://www.slideshare.net/SoftwareBeterMaken.nl/securing-syslog-on-freebsd
>
> Not sure whether his code is accessible or not.

Albert Mietus' code is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/syslog-sec/

--
Martin