9-beta1 installer - partition editor

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 31 12:45:56 UTC 2011

On 08/31/11 05:19, Ivan Voras wrote:
> On 31/08/2011 02:40, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>> On 08/30/11 19:07, Ivan Voras wrote:
>

>>> It was a plain install on a RAID volume which appears as ordinary da0
>>> drive. I did do a couple of start-overs so it could be that some state
>>> got lost. It definitely did NOT show mount points in the dialog which
>>> lists newly created partitions.
>>>

>> Which partitioning scheme did you use? How did you lay out the
>> partitions?
>
> I did not deviate from defaults until the partition editor, where I
> deleted existing partitions (Linux) and tried to create new ones.
>
> So, it's a MBR scheme, and I intended to create three partitions, for
> "/", for "/srv" and a swap partition. I think Andrey's idea about what
> went wrong with the swap partition is most probably correct, so this
> only leaves the inability to register mount points with the partitions.
>
> However, if as Brandon suggested this is already fixed, don't bother.
> I'll try the BETA2 when ISOs become available and will post screenshots
> (IPMI) if it fails again.

The help text for straight MBR partitioning (which has never worked for
FreeBSD) has been modified for BETA2 to suggest "freebsd" (which has
always been the default) instead of "freebsd-ufs" etc.

It does let you set mountpoints, and displays them, and always has, but
not for bsdlabel container partitions (MBR type "freebsd"), since they
aren't filesystems. Is this what you were trying to do?
-Nathan