pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/8.2-RELEASE/floppies/

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Aug 8 10:10:25 UTC 2011

perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:
>
> > With no USB boot, No CD (except maybe pcmcia cdrom & that
> > too would need a floppy to start it, Even PL-IP would need
> > a floppy to start with.
> ..
> > Sure I have other better machines, but this spare old laptop
> > makes a nice spare X screen ...
>
> Provided the machine has USB,

This laptop does not, but I noticed it has a SCSI on the expansion port,
I'd better try that.

> this http://www.plop.at/ will
> boot the memstick (at least, it works for me with 8.1).

Thanks,
There's a lot of various software there, I guess you mean
	http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html#features

I'll come back to that after trying to build some boot native FreeBSD
boot floppies.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.