[RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu

Devin Teske dteske at vicor.com
Mon Apr 25 01:53:14 UTC 2011

Hello fellow hackers,

I'd love to finally release (under the BSD license) my code for the revamped FreeBSD boot loader menu.

Here's a detailed discussion of the release complete with pictures:
http://devinteske.com/new-freebsd-boot-loader-menu

Here's the download:
http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/download/loader_menu-1.0.tgz

The download is a FreeBSD package. You can execute:

	fetch [aboveURL]
	pkg_add loader_menu-1.0.tgz
	reboot

And upon your next boot will use the new loader menu. A feature-complete sophisticated boot menu designed from the ground up.
--
Cheers,
Devin Teske

P.S. This code has been developed since 2006 and has been booted on hundreds of machines thousands of times by a group of more than two dozen field engineers trained to install, trouble-shoot, and maintain FreeBSD. It is only after this success that we are so happy to release this to the general public under the BSD license. Should it make its way into the base distribution, we would be honored, but that is not a necessity.

-> LEGAL DISCLAIMER <-
This message  contains confidential  and proprietary  information
of the sender,  and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any
other person  is strictly prohibited.  If you have  received this
message in error,  please notify  the e-mail sender  immediately,
and delete the original message without making a copy.

-> FUN STUFF <-
http://www.geekcode.com/

-> END TRANSMISSION <-