Looking for resources to get started

Robert Lorentz robert.lorentz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:24:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm very interested in getting started with FreeBSD development. My interests are wide but specifically core OS, performance, scheduling, cryptography, perhaps filesystems etc.

I have seen the "Ideas" list and there is some good stuff there but those are fairly complex/large tasks. Where can I find something more basic to address to get myself familiar with the process of contributing?

My motivation for contributing is to learn more about the FreeBSD kernel and core OS and to put my skills toward FreeBSD which I find interesting and worthwhile. I am  knowledgable in C, scheduling, data interface, somewhat also in cryptography

Thanks,

Robert