Add SUM sysctl

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 11:20:07 UTC 2011

> On 15/04/2011, at 19:12, rank1seeker at gmail.com wrote:
> >> Oh oops, I guess the kernel runs init -s which then asks you..
> >
> > So, what is solution?
> > Currently I need to mess with lookup, in env variables.
> >
> > It must cover cases of rebooting into SUM and drop from MUM (# shutdown
> > now) in SUM.
>
> There IS no "solution" because it isn't really a problem.

It is mine GOAL, to achieve.

> You still didn't reply to my asking why you need to know..

Why?!
Because!
Why, why, why ...?
God told me!
Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
Why ...
Is it really a relevant for this discussion?!

I truly prefer focusing on a goal and finding a way of achieving it.
Your question is just an open road for an endless chater, with many new
roads, for splitting into endless subchaters ...

I wana create an sh function, which returns 0 if sys is in SUM or return 1
if in MUM.
Then I can use that function, wherever I want.

I.e; (I CAN NOT BELIEVE I AM TYPING SO MUCH!)
If I use geli encryption AND I am upgrading from 8.2 to 8.3, then upon
rebuild of whole system, I must install kernel and world in a ONE SHOT!
(Just a rebuild of a same version of OS doesn't require this)
So I need to drop into SUM and install kernel and world, NOT regulary
install kernel, then reboot into SUM and then install world!
This is just a one scenario ...

Now that does it!
Do you know, or not, what should I look for, to prove that I am in SUM? (As
human I know when I am in SUM, as I initiate it, but scripts are retards,
so they need it, not me ...)
Simple as that.