How to disallow logout

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sat Sep 11 23:13:08 UTC 2010

Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would prefer to have the plain text around after a power failure
> because it could be several days of work ...

Ideally there should be _some_ mechanism for committing unfinished
work to a (probably encrypted) repository on, at least, a daily
basis.

The more I see of this thread, the more it seems that the problem
is largely the fault of the particular VCS being used.  A VCS that
demands a "review" step before anything can be checked in, even on a
"work in progress" branch as opposed to the mainline, seems a poor
fit for a project in which developers are not permitted to see one
anothers code.