Following on Ed´s simple and hopefully usable FreeBSD live CD ...

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 05:03:14 UTC 2010

Would it be possible to have "hybrid" FreeBSD live CD/DVDs (as seen on
Mandriva Linux)?

That is to say, would it be possible to have .iso images that could be
just dumped on a USB stick and then boot from it to either run a liveFS
or go stright for a disc1.iso or plain full dvd1.iso install?

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Installing_Mandriva_Linux#Installation_from_a_USB_stick

http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/MandrivaLinux/official/iso/2010.0/mandriva-seed.sh

http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/MandrivaLinux/official/iso/2010.0/mandriva-seed-windows.zip

I´ve tested mandriva´s liveCD (Mandriva ONE)from a USB stick and did two
full installs (Mandriva Powerpack) using the same method and frankly: I
found that having "hybrid" isos and a tool like "Mandriva Seed" (even as
simple as it is ...) is incredibly handy ...

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi