One-shot-oriented event timers management

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:09:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:15:41 +0200
Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:44:26 +0300
> Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > Updated patch: http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/timers_oneshot6.patch
> >
> > Patch also includes some optimizations to reduce lock contention.
> >
> > Thanks for testing.
> >

> OK, I'll give it a try, althought your previous patch seems to be working
> quite well.

This has changed the behavior of the HPET timers somewhat.

With patch5 I was seeing approximately equal interrupt counts from
hpet0 and hpet1.

Now the majority of interrupts are on hpet0 by a factor of 6 to 10.

Not a show stopper, just thought I'd mention it.

One difference is that I didn't apply tm6292_idle.patch this time.

--
Gary Jennejohn