[CFT+RFC] patch to buildworld with heimdal from ports

Benjamin Lee ben at b1c1l1.com
Tue Nov 16 01:17:12 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2010 02:08 PM, Joerg Pulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after the security/heimdal port was updated to the current heimdal
> release and i added one missing function from base it is now possible to
> completely buildworld src/ using the port for all Kerberos5/GSSAPI
> enabled parts.

Hi Joerg,

I don't think that having the base system depend on a port is the right
solution to resolving the libgssapi compatibility problems in base.

Did you ever come across the old PR kern/147454 that I submitted in
June?  In it I included a src patch that replaced the base system's
libgssapi with upstream Heimdal's, which resolved all libgssapi
compatibility problems.  That patch is now stale, but either way I
haven't been able to draw enough attention to the issue to have it fixed.

--
Benjamin Lee
http://www.b1c1l1.com/