[PATCH] update to the latest libedit version and remove libreadline deps

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 5 16:01:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've updated libedit to the latest version available in the netbsd cvs.
UTF8 support is disabled for now has it seems to be experimental and segfault.
I also patch and tested all the sources that used to be linked against
libreadline so that it now uses libedit making libreadline unused (I
guess, perhaps I have missed some)

beware that there are collision between libreadline and libedit
(/usr/include/readline/readline.h) is provided by both of them.

You can find the patch against current here:


More information about the freebsd-hackers mailing list