Announcing PathDB

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sat May 29 16:12:14 UTC 2010

Thordur I Bjornsson wrote:
>> PathScale is slowly open sourcing and porting some of our core
>> software technology and thought the BSD community might be
>> interested in PathDB.  Months ago we gave a few FBSD developers
>> private access to the source, but never received any feedback.  Now
>> we're asking more people to please test and tell us what you think.
>>
> Maybe noone gave you feedback because you are a douchbag ?
>
> I mean:
>
>> Promise - Give us a hand in testing and improving and we'll
>> relicense to a more permissive license.
>>
> What kind of a fucked up way of getting free development done on
> your shitty little "commercially supported" product is this ?
>
> Are you on crack ?

Can someone in the FreeBSD community please talk with this guy.  If
you're going to send a snotty email at least be brave enough to do it
publicly..

fwiw.. I never said free anywhere in my email..  It's assumed testing
has a reciprocal benefit assuming we fix bugs.  I've spoken with 5-10
people in the BSD community and most are supportive of our idea.. They
of course wanted the BSD license from the start, but to me this is a
conservative approach which I saw as a win/win..  So honestly am I on crack?