Exposing Zone Sleeps

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Thu May 27 00:49:51 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 14:58, Sean Bruno wrote:

>>> I know this seems trivial, but could you change:
>>>
>>> +       printf("%-20s %6s %6s %8s %8s %8s %4s %4s\n\n", "ITEM", "SIZE",
>>> +           "LIMIT", "USED", "FREE", "REQ", "FAIL", "SLEEP");

>>> +       printf("%-20s %6s %6s %8s %8s %8s %4s %4s\n\n", "ITEM", "SIZE",
>>> +           "LIMIT", "USED", "FREE", "REQS", "FAIL", "SLEEP");
>>>
>>> that way the plural nature of requests is more straightforward and understood.
>>>
>>> Also, do all of the fields _really_ need to have a field width? Seems
>>> like overkill to me...
>>
>> Oh, and the field width for the last item is wrong; SLEEP will be
>> truncated to SLEE.
>> Thanks,
>> -Garrett
>
> I hate this type of column implementation.  Any ideas on a more useful
> implementation?
>
> also, I'm missing an email in this thread somehow.  I didn't see the
> second version of the REL-8 patch.
>
> Sean

Attached is the diff against vmstat.c only *just* to view the
differences. This is also in the sleep_stat_stable8-r208580.diff so no
need to patch twice.

Also attached is the patch for sleep stat on stable/8 "revised". against
r208580:

Changes:
*	Added back the #ifdef DDB
*	vmstat(1) displays all columns in a 80 column display cleanly.

Comments & suggestions ?

I am a little bit shaky about putting the last column so close to the
end of the terminal but that may just be my own personal worries but for
now every field should have enough room to grow as far as I can verify
on my own equipment. Test this out and let me know what you think, if it
wraps or not and whether you think there is enough space for the numbers
to grow in the current layout of the columns.

Thanks again & regards,

- --

 jhell