GSoC: Making ports work with clang

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Mon May 3 12:26:55 UTC 2010

On 03/05/2010 12:38, "C. Bergström" wrote:
> What's really the goal here?

In my opinion it's about staying away from the GPLv3. According
to my understanding of the situation, GPLv3 code is not accepted
into the project and that means we're stuck with gcc 4.2, which
has already reached its EOL.

The way I see it we /desperately/ need a new compiler for the base
system. Having GPLv3 stuff in Ports is all right, so getting the
base system to compile was the most important step. Now that it
does I think the change should be made as soon as all the
supported architectures work with clang.