kern/104406 on 8.0-RELEASE-p2 ?

Victor Sudakov sudakov+freebsd at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Wed Mar 31 10:58:35 UTC 2010

Cleber Alves Nascimento wrote:

> > I seem to have symptoms of kern/104406 on a 8.0-RELEASE-p2 system.
> > After an uptime of several days, many processes get stuck in the "ufs"
> > state.  The processes which had already opened some files before the
> > deadlock continue working all right, e.g. my old login sessions are
> > functional but I cannot start a new ssh session to the box.
> >
> > Can you advise me a workaround?
> >
> > The box is being used as a BGP (quagga) router with two full views.
> > Hardware configuration is below:

[dd]

> Do you have disable the flowtable options?
>
> # sysctl net.inet.flowtable.enable=0
> net.inet.flowtable.enable: 1 -> 0
>
>   This feature is default since 8 release, but is not good for bgp full
> routing.

It seems to be a different issue, kern/144917 related, but a good idea
anyway to set net.inet.flowtable.enable=0. Thank you for the reminder.

However, my box does not crash or lock up hard, just some processes
lock up in the "ufs" state and other processes cannot access files.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru