Dynamic ticks in FreeBSD

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Mar 30 13:45:50 UTC 2010

Tsuyoshi Ozawa <ozawa+bsd at t-oza.net> writes:
> I started to work dynamic ticks in FreeBSD, and now experimental
> code start to work roughly.

This is great!  I haven't looked at the patch, but I'm very happy that
someone actually implemented this.  We've been talking about it for
years, and there was actually a GSoC project last year, but nothing came
out of it.  I really hope we can commit this soon!

BTW, at one point, in your blog, you write "periodic tick mode" instead
of "dynamic tick mode", which had me confused for a moment.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no