ATA 4K sector issues

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Mar 17 18:10:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 March 2010 10:16:16 Mohacsi Janos wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD hackers,
>  	What is the situation with ATA 4K dirves in FreeBSD? Are there any
> support for them in fdisk or disklabel?

# mdconfig -a -f ddfile -S 4096
md0
# fdisk /dev/md0
fdisk: could not detect sector size
# mdconfig -d -u 0
# mdconfig -a -f ddfile -S 1024
md0
# fdisk /dev/md0
******* Working on device /dev/md0 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=130 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=130 heads=255 sectors/track=63 (16065 blks/cyl)

fdisk: invalid fdisk partition table found
fdisk: /boot/mbr: length must be a multiple of sector size

So it seems there's still work to do to get fdisk working, but I can't try
gpart since I don't have a real disk.

--
Bruce Cran