flash drive crashes hald on amd64

george+freebsd at m5p.com george+freebsd at m5p.com
Tue Mar 16 01:09:15 UTC 2010

HP Compaq Presario CQ61-420US (dual core amd64)

With an Iomega USB flash drive inserted into a USB slot at the time
hald starts, it crashes:

pid 903 (hald), uid 560: exited on signal 11
pid 943 (hald-probe-volume), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

It's okay if I insert the flash drive after hald has started, but
the flash drive is normally left in the slot all the time, leading
to unhappiness every time the computer is started.  There's no sign
of the alleged core file, so I don't know how to debug this problem
-- George Mitchell