Something rotten in ports (was Re: package building failure irritation)

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 13 03:52:28 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-12 22:36:54, Greg Larkin wrote:
> Hi xw,
>
> I noticed something strange here.  How is WRKDIR (in this case
> "/var/ports/work/var/ports/tree/devel/eggdbus/work") defined?  It looks
> like bsd.port.mk combined your WRKDIRPREFIX and PORTSDIR to create that
> path, but skimming the code, I can't figure out how it's doing that.
> How many levels of that directory tree exist on your system?

'Lo.

Not sure I understand what you're asking me to check, but things have basically
laid themselves out like this:

# ls /var/ports/work/var/ports/tree/devel/eggdbus/work/eggdbus-0.6/
AUTHORS   Makefile        README        config.h.in   configure.ac  eggdbus-1.pc.in missing
COPYING   Makefile.am     aclocal.m4    config.log    configure.bak gtk-doc.make    src
ChangeLog Makefile.in     compile       config.status depcomp       install-sh      stamp-h1
HACKING   Makefile.in.bak config.guess  config.sub    docs          libtool
INSTALL   NEWS            config.h      configure     eggdbus-1.pc  ltmain.sh

> Have you tried just setting PORTSDIR and letting bsd.port.mk set the
> rest of the paths with their defaults that are relative to PORTSDIR?  If
> that works, then we can start hunting for places that are not handling
> absolute vs. relative paths correctly in bsd.port.mk.

Will try that now. In the original setup, I did specifically want to keep
these directories separate (as PORTSDIR was a read-only nullfs mount), but
that's obviously not the case for this example setup.

xw