tiny lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c correction

Alexander Best alexbestms at wwu.de
Thu Mar 11 13:13:16 UTC 2010

John Baldwin schrieb am 2010-03-08:
> On Saturday 06 March 2010 3:39:17 am Ulrich Spörlein wrote:

> worth
> candidate in

> > > I'm not sure how to do that unfortunately, is there a way to
> > > expose a
> > > kernel variable to userland which also works on a crash dump?

> > ticks *is* available to libkvm, not sure what happens on
> > crashdumps,
> > though. The following patchset has not been tested:

i've just had a look at the overall use of bintime2timeval in the src. it's
not used very often. i only found a handful of calls and in fact with the
exception of kvm_proc.c bintime2timeval() always gets used with a proper
struct bintime.

so i guess it's okay to import cputick2usec() exclusively to kvm_proc.c.

cheers.
alex