Extremely slow boot on VMWare with Opteron 2352 (acpi?)

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Wed Mar 10 19:08:46 UTC 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:27 AM, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> I think that the idea not to for CLFLUSH in the loop for large regions
> is good. We do not extract the L2/L3 cache size now, I suppose that 2MB
> estimation is good for most situations.
>
> commit bbac1632d349d68b905df644656ce9a8e4aed094

Thanks for everyone's help. This has actually increased the boot up speed of all of our Opteron based boxes through VMware ESX. I'll report the problem to VMware, but I'm betting this is a side effect of the CLFLUSH problems in virtualized Opteron machines that they worked around with a much slower function.

-- Kevin