Need a build target

Patrick Mahan mahan at mahan.org
Sun Mar 7 20:57:49 UTC 2010

All,

Just wanted some confirmation, but I have a need where I need
to build just the kernel toolchain, kernel and the full toolchain
and include files.  The first two I can do via 'make kernel-toolchain'
and 'make buildkernel'.  However, to get the complete build toolchain
and include files, suitable for building user applications, I still
need to do a full 'buildworld'.

As you are probably inferring, this is for a cross-compile environment.

I have looked through both src/Makefile and src/Makefile.inc1 and cannot
see a target that will give me that capability.

I think I need to a target to do this for me.

WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS=
.if !defined(SUBDIR_OVERRIDE)
WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS+= _worldtmp _legacy _bootstrap-tools
.endif
WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS+= _cleanobj _obj _build_tools
.if !defined(SUBDIR_OVERRIDE)
WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS+= _cross-tools
.endif
WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS+= _includes _libraries

buildworldtools: buildwtools_prologue ${WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS} buildwtools_epilogue
.ORDER buildwtools_prologue ${WTOOLSMAKE_TGTS} buildwtools_epilogue

buildwtools_prologue:
         @echo "--------------------------------------------------------------"
         @echo ">>> World build tools started on `LC_ALL=C date`"

buildwtools_epilogue:
         @echo ">>> World build tools started on `LC_ALL=C date`"

This should then build the complete set of binutils, compiler, libraries and
include files, yes?

Thanks for any direction,

Patrick