GEOM_ULZMA

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 2 07:48:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 04:36:44PM +0200, Alexandr Rybalko wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote a module GEOM_ULZMA (such as GEOM_UZIP, but compression with lzma), [...]

Wouldn't it be better to modify geom_uzip to be universal decompression
class with various algorithms implemented as plugins?
This is bascially what I did for the LABEL class - before we had VOL_FFS
class only for UFS labels.

> [...] in connection with this is an issue best left lzma
> code in the file "geom_ulzma.c" or store lzma library separately. If separately, then where better?

Definiatelly separately, not sure where. There is ongoing discussion
somwhere on importing this algorithm to the base for tar(1) to use, it
would be best to have only one copy of code in the tree.