`make cleanworld` and /usr/obj/lib32/usr/src

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Mon Mar 1 01:42:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:54, alexbestms@ wrote:
> Gary Jennejohn schrieb am 2010-02-28:
>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:49:58 +0100 (CET)
>> Alexander Best <alexbestms at wwu.de> wrote:
>
>>> how about something like this?
>

>> Based on a quick look it seems OK to me.
>
>> Have you tested it?
>
> i did. it works when `make cleanworld` is being run from /usr/src. i'm not
> sure however what the
>
> .if ${.CURDIR} == ${.OBJDIR} || ${.CURDIR}/obj == ${.OBJDIR}
> .if exists(${BW_CANONICALOBJDIR}/)
>
> statement is for so i didn't include the lib32 cleanup in that clause. my
> guess is that it's used to catch the case where `make cleanworld` is being run
> in /usr/obj/usr/src

You can't run make from a obj directory there is no Makefile, Targets or
spoons. ;)

This line here:
BW_CANONICALOBJDIR:=${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR}

Allows the end-user to set MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in their environment and have
the obj directory somewhere other than CANONICALOBJDIR.

BW is an abbreviation for "buildworld".

> cheers.
> alex
>
>> ---