About Marvell Yukon drivers skgeinit and sky2

Anjali Kulkarni anjali at juniper.net
Mon Jun 21 19:13:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

As I understand, there are 2 flavors of the Marvel Yukon driver. One is for Yukon-I devices, and is called skgeinit, and other is for Yukon-II devices and called sky2 driver.
Looking at the release notes for 7.0, it looks like this driver which was in sys/dev/yukon, is now present as the msk(4) driver in sys/dev/msk and sys/dev/sk?. I do not see a yukon under dev anymore. I see only 2 files in the msk directory, is it really moved here?
Is the Yukon-II sky2 driver support present in Freebsd 6.1? How easy would it to backport this to 6.1?
If yes, then is there a way to disable the skgeinit(which seems to be the default) and enable the sky2 driver?

Anjali