"Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file"

Jonathan Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Jun 14 21:20:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, June 14, 2010 00:43, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Victor Sudakov wrote:
>> But to hell with this. I started the topic because I think something
>> is wrong with SVN to CVS export, which upsets cvsup and causes
>> "Checksum mismatch" errors.  Is anybody willing to look at it?
>
> I see nobody is ever going to fix this? Cvsup mails me a bunch of
> "Checksum mismatch" errors on every run, with a risk of overlooking
> real errors.
>
> How do others deal with this noise? Do you grep cvsup output or what?

Seems like newer versions of CVS break assumptions made by CVSup on the
ordering of branch revisions:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hubs/2009-August/002083.html

"So, in short I don't see any easy solutions to this, and especially given
the fact that in the long run CVS/CVSup will probably be replaced by
something else for distributing FreeBSD source, I don't think it will be
that easy to find someone to "fix" either CVSup or CVS."

-Jon