Network stack virtualization docs?

Fernando Gleiser fergleiser at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 22:34:29 UTC 2010

I'm looking for some technical docs about FreeBSD's network stac virt. I saw a paper from the wiki and little else. The paper seems to focus mostly on the paralielization of the network stack more than the framework for a virtualized network.

I want to compare it against OpenSolaris' crossbow, which has a way to virtualize almost anything: virtual nics, virtual switches and virtual wires, so you can build a "wan in a box". Is there anything like that for FreeBSD? any pointers to good docs would be apreciated

Fer