Announcing PathDB

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Tue Jun 1 19:21:34 UTC 2010

Ed Maste wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 07:30:41PM +0700, "C. Bergstr?m" wrote:
>

>> PathScale is slowly open sourcing and porting some of our core software
>> technology and thought the BSD community might be interested in PathDB.
>> Months ago we gave a few FBSD developers private access to the source,
>> but never received any feedback.  Now we're asking more people to please
>> test and tell us what you think.
>>

> Very intereresting.  I have an interest in seeing a BSD-licensed
> compelling replacement for GDB.
>

>> Source
>> git clone git://git.pathscale.com/path64/debugger.git
>>

> I had a look at this, but it does not seem to be ready to build
> standalone:
>
> - it wants hg installed?
> - it is expecting directories like ../buildmeister to exist
>
> Does it depend on infrastructure / libs outside of debugger/src, or
> should it be possible to build it in isolation?

Hi Ed,

I'm answering this same question quite a bit in private and hope you
don't mind me adding the list on cc. (I hope those on the list don't
mind as well)

It currently doens't build on any BSD, but some of these patches below
will help get you more progress

http://www.netbsd.org/~joerg/pdb-g++.diff
http://www.netbsd.org/~joerg/readline.cc.diff
http://www.netbsd.org/~joerg/pathscale.diff  # For hg to git
http://pastie.org/private/cninatdq83krfy9dxagfnw  # For gcc-4.1+ build
support

Jörg Sonnenberger has identified some areas we need to abstract which
will get things more portable.  I'm trying to get someone who is
familiar with the codebase to do this and report back once progress has
been made.

A few other people interested in the project have showed up in
#pathscale - irc.freenode.net if you're interested in more specifics.

Thanks

./C