[DTRACE] ctfconvert ".bss data: Invalid section descriptor" +

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Thu Jul 15 23:08:27 UTC 2010

Through 3 recent ``buildkernel'' runs I have logged the following. The
build logs are available to those with interest.

I have tested this with three variations to the environment i.e.
make.conf, src.conf, make -j{N}, & a vanilla build. The errors come up
the same way but with a variation of the lines in the log file where the
errors appear.

I still have the tar'd object directory for the last vanilla build that
was performed.

Though these errors are prominent in the log I don't believe it has a
negative impact other than not being traceable by dtrace. I have not
observed any other impact that this could have so I decided to report
what I have here for someone else to decide on the outcome.

Summary of errors in the logs:
ctfconvert -L VERSION -g kern_ktr.o
kern_ktr.c: kern_ktr.o: Cannot get sect .bss data: Invalid section
descriptor

ctfconvert -L VERSION -g tcp_debug.o
tcp_debug.c: tcp_debug.o: Cannot get sect .bss data: Invalid section
descriptor

ctfconvert -L VERSION -g clnt_rc.o
ctfconvert -L VERSION -g ffs_tables.o
ctfconvert -L VERSION -g ufs_gjournal.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]

ctfconvert -L VERSION -g local_apic.o
local_apic.c: local_apic.o: Cannot get sect .bss data: Invalid section
descriptor

ctfconvert -L VERSION msp34xx.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]
dtrace.c: dtrace.o: Cannot get sect .bss data: Invalid section descriptor

ctfconvert -L VERSION if_ed_3c503.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]

ctfconvert -L VERSION if_ed_hpp.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]

ctfconvert -L VERSION if_ed_sic.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]

ctfconvert -L VERSION mfi_debug.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]

ctfconvert -L VERSION ufs_gjournal.o
ctfconvert: rc = 2 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header(57)]

Regards,

--

 jhell,v