an alternative to powerpoint

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Wed Jul 14 06:09:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:24:09AM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Whoops I forgot cc hackers so resent.
>
> > > Haven't used it in years, but I liked it when I used ports/misc/magicpoint.
> >
> > been there, done that:
> >
> > http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/mgpm/
> >
> > cheers
> > luigi
>
> Hey That's nice Luigi ! Multicast mgpm ...
> Hmm so eg BSD tech groups could do presentations eith a bunch of laptops
> in a room, rather than needing an overhead projector Eh ? Nice !
> That I must read more on.

for what matters i had implemented the same thing using
a browser-based solution -- the speaker sends its actions
through ajax to a simple web server, which logs them.
Other listeners also connect to the server which relays events
to them as they come. I intend to implement the same thing
in this 'sttp' version.

cheers
luigi