mallinfo equivalent on FreeBSD

dhruva dhruvakm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 03:10:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM, dhruva <dhruvakm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I would like to know the memory usage (total virtual memory) inside a
> process and make decisions accordingly.
> To be more specific, I am using BerkeleyDB backed set or std::set (C++
> STL) depending on my current memory usage
> as my process will need to run in a resource constrained environment.
> By the way, this is user mode application.
>
> Some things I am considering/tried:
> 1. GNU/Linux has mallinfo and I had my code working based on the
> information I get from the call.

Could anyone please help and throw some light on this topic (mallinfo)
equivalent. I am stuck and need
resolve this soon. In short, I need to find out the virtual memory
used (mapped to the process's address space)
in a light weight fashion so that I can make some decision based on it.

with best regards,
dhruva