Setting "zfs_arc_max" value in FreeBSD 8.

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Sat Jan 23 05:19:39 UTC 2010

Good to hear that it's usable for you even on a relatively low-memory
system. Now, throw in an SSD for L2ARC, more RAM for ARC (and L2ARC
housekeeping) and then it starts to really shine.

As for better than expected performance, in my not-so scientific
benchmarks (copying 10G-large files on 8-disk RAIDZ2 pool until
filesystem is full)  ZFS on FreeBSD did beat the hell out of
OpenSolaris on the same hardware. I was really surprised. I'm sure
something needed to be tuned on OpenSolaris, but it was nice to see
FreeBSD performing so well.

--Artem