Weekend PR smashing

R. Tyler Ballance tyler at monkeypox.org
Sun Jan 17 21:57:40 UTC 2010

Howdy all, I've recently taken up perusing the PR database looking for
small(ish) bugs that will help me: (1) start contributing to FreeBSD again (2)
familiarize myself with -CURRENT.

Last weekend I knocked off #43337 (to which my patch still remains unaddressed)
and started looking for more and more bugs, particularly in the 'bin' category.
I've noticed a couple things, and would love a helping hand with:

 * There's a lot of **old** PRs, some of the userland bugs that are over a
   decade old I have no idea what to do with (try to reproduce a bug filed
   against 2.2?)
 * There's a lot of PRs with patches and a discussion; I don't *think* I can do
   anything helpful with these

Additionally, I feel somewhat overwhelmed, I'm really hunting for tasks
anywhere from a few hours to an all-nighter. Some of the things the KDE team
does to get people involved I find useful, such as the "bugs howto" for
information on triaging and getting started with contributing:
    http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtobugs.php
As well as the "junior jobs" keyword in their bugzilla:
    https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=junior-jobs&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit

Are there similar resources I've not stumbled across yet? I would like to help,
I have but one machine running -CURRENT and sporadic free time over the
weekends.

Tips? :D

Cheers,
-R. Tyler Ballance