Patch to Makefile.inc1 to mention which kernel config is being installed

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Thu Jan 7 18:16:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 08:29, david@ wrote:
> In the usual case where a machine is (only) used to build its own
> kernel, this is admittedly of no benefit.
>
> But for "build machines" that are used to build kernels for other
> machines (as well as themselves), it kinda bugged me that I was being
> told which kernels were being built, but not which one was being
> installed.
>
> Sure, I could recall that the first one built was being installed ...
> but why not have Makefile.inc1 tell us, just as it tells us which is
> being built?
>
> Before the patch, grepping through the typescript of a build for "^>>>"
> would yield:

> After the patch:

> Attached patch is against head; for the above, I had patched stable/7.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Peace,
> david

I see this serving as good verification to the user that the kernel they
meant to configure is being installed. I would like to see this make it
in.

--

  Thu Jan  7 12:44:52 2010

  jhell