mktemp(1) in /tmp or $PWD?

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:56:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:29 AM, Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown at ru.ac.za> wrote:
> On Friday 26 February 2010 12:03:42 Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> FreeBSD is a great system; if there are ways that I can possibly make
>> it better by adding smart defaults
>
> Be careful about that value judgement. There are certainly ways you can change
> it. Not everyone might feel the change is for the better, and changing the
> default behaviour of widely-used commands is one change that you might find
> some people disagree with.

I agree that there are some things that I'm going to have to apply on
my own personal machines to achieve behavior that I want, and I agree
that my way may not be the best way to do things, but that's part of
the reasoning why I'm asking whether or not others find some value in
what I'm proposing...

Thanks,
-Garrett