GEOM_ULZMA

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 21 23:00:08 UTC 2010

>> I see no reason to not import the current
>> version [of liblzma and xz] into the FreeBSD base system.  I plan
>> to do so but may not get to it very soon; I
>> certainly would not complain if someone else
>> beat me to it.  ;-)
>
> Thanks for that info.
> GEOM_ULZMA contain two parts mkulzma and GEOM module.
> libarchive can help for mkulzma utility, but how they can help for GEOM module?
> I need to know, where correct place for lzma code in kernel tree?

I think you mean "liblzma" can help.

I plan to import liblzma into FreeBSD base system as
/usr/lib/liblzma.a and /usr/lib/liblzma.so (that may
change to /lib/liblzma.so), with the headers in
/usr/include/.  I expect xz to end up as /usr/bin/xz.

I'm not familiar enough with kernel development processes
to understand the implications there.

Cheers,

Tim