Where userland read/write requests, whcih is larger than MAXPHYS, are splitted?

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 10 15:58:23 UTC 2010

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 10/12/2010 16:45 Alexander Motin said the following:
>> by default. Many SCSI drivers still limited by DFLTPHYS - 64K.
>
> Including the cases where MAXBSIZE is abused because it historically has the same
> value.

DFLTPHYS automatically assumed by CAM for all SIMs not reporting their
maximal I/O size. All drivers using MAXBSIZE most likely will fall into
this category, because this functionality was added just at 8.0.

--
Alexander Motin