System freezes unexpectly

Garrett Cooper gcooper at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 30 16:45:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Davide Italiano
<davide.italiano at gmail.com> wrote:
> removing ~/.mozilla works fine. I think that problem's related to
> add-on Xmarks I've been installer or to "Restore session"
> functionality

It would have been interesting to capture what `froze' the machine, in
particular because it could have been a valuable bug for either
Mozilla to capture and fix, or for us to capture and fix. Unless your
machine doesn't meet the hardware requirements, I don't see a reason
why a userland application should lock up a system.

There are other ways you can debug this further, using -safe-mode as a
next step, then choose to not restore the last session (which is
available from within the javascript settings file -- nsPrefs.js?).

Thanks,
-Garrett