Debugging Loadable Modules Using GDB

Alexander Fiveg pebu3op at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 27 20:35:11 UTC 2010

Hi,
from "FreeBSD Developers' Handbook, 10.7 Debugging Loadable Modules Using
GDB":
"...
(kgdb) add-symbol-file /sys/modules/linux/linux.ko 0xc0ae22d0
"
Actually I couldn't debug my modules using .ko-file. Moreover, I've find out that .ko files do not contain sections with debugging info. With .kld-file debugging works out. Do I something incorrectly or the info in the Developers Book is outdated?

regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Fiveg <pebu3op at googlemail.com>
Key fingerprint = ECBB 747C 919D 78F5 E8EC  7DBC 8B46 376D 107B CCAA