A simple and hopefully usable FreeBSD live CD

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sun Aug 22 21:30:52 UTC 2010

* Tim Judd <tajudd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your CDs won't reach as many people as possible, I fear.  I fear because I
> (for example) have no amd64 systems and just by the name of the snapshot cd
> image i need to have to use your script, I won't be able to use the final
> product.

Well, the script makes some assumptions it shouldn't. You can simply
build i386 CDs by substituting all occurences of amd64 by i386 in
gencd.sh.

Porting it to non-x86 architectures isn't hard either, but I haven't
looked at it at all. It should be fairly straightforward to accomplish
that when integrating it into the release(7) infrastructure.

The current shellscript is just a mockup.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/